Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Today, I’d like to share with you some wisdoms about storytelling that I found in an old notebook on my bookshelf. I’m pretty sure I wrote most of them down whilst playing through Kingdom Hearts, although a couple are potentially from elsewhere.
Do with these wisdoms what you will!
Storytelling wisdoms found in my old notebook
(possibly inspired by Kingdom Hearts)
- Things with wings that don’t traditionally have wings are awesome!
- Insightful, strong, and silent guys are hot.
- Permanent reminders of childhood memories and friendships are sweet.
- Best friends who turn evil for good reasons are tragically appealing — but only if the hero believes they can be redeemed.
- Evil best friends who appear out of nowhere, taunt you, and then disappear, rock.
- It’s really annoying when bad guys withhold vital information.
- Obscenely over-powered fathers are awesome, especially when protecting their children.
- It’s extremely tragic when someone with ultimate power loses their power.
- Tanning works better if you aren’t fully dressed.
That last one was written in red ink, while the rest were written in blue ink, so I think I might have tacked it on as a more general life wisdom. Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed the wisdoms!
Imminent Danger Giveaway!
Remember, my mega-giveaway for my debut novel, Imminent Danger And How to Fly Straight into It runs until May 26! Entering is really easy — just share the giveaway, or a link to the book, or draw some fan art, or write a short fanfiction piece, or … basically anything you want that even slightly relates to my book in some capacity! The grand prize is a signed hardcover copy of the book, and then there are potentially secondary prizes if enough people enter. Click here to learn more.
Unrelated media of the day:
Kind of a fun little musical compilation. Guy sings Katy Perry’s Dark Horse song in 20 different musical styles.