Hey everyone! I don’t have much time right now, so I’ll just cut to the chase — I ran across this free online course (https://iversity.org/c/6?r=103aa) called “The Future of Storytelling”, and it looks really great for any and all writers, including yours truly.
It’s 8 weeks long, and the basic format is weekly videos plus lots of opportunity for interaction with other students. They’re going to cover topics like:
- Storytelling basics
- Serial formats (on the TV, web and beyond)
- Storytelling in role-playing games
- Interactive storytelling in video games
- Transmedia storytelling
- Alternate-reality gaming
- Augmented reality and location-based storytelling
- The role of tools, interfaces and information architectures in current storytelling
Anyway, it looks pretty darn useful — and fun! — so here’s the link again if you want to check it out:
Oh yes, and in other free news, the talented Misha Burnett will be offering his ebooks for free on Amazon this weekend, so click here to get a sneak preview:
That is all.
Unrelated media of the day:
Looks interesting, I have signed up. Thanks 🙂