As predicted, I have once again failed to complete NaNoWriMo. My grand word count as of now is 38,079. That’s pretty darn good in my opinion, although not quite enough to hit the 50k end goal. Le sigh.
A brief rundown of my NaNo experience this month:
- Started into a re-write of a fantasy novel I wrote a few years ago
- Got 15k words into fantasy re-write, realized I was writing the proverbial Star Wars Episode I of my series when I should be writing Episode IV
- Abandoned fantasy re-write and started into Cerulean Bound (Imminent Danger #3)
- Got horribly distracted by planning out my new fantasy novel
- Wrote some more Cerulean Bound (spurred on by this song)
- Got a random idea for a story about blademasters and time loops — wrote a 2k outline for this
- Back to Cerulean Bound!
By the end of it, I managed to get up to chapter 6 of Cerulean Bound, so that’s something! The intro’s all wrapped up and our intrepid space adventurers are off on their next quest. I can’t say much about the purpose of their quest, or their end destination, except that the clue is in the title. I will happily entertain wild speculations in the comments section.
In related news, the baseboard heater just decided to turn on again, so I’m getting all toasty warm. It’s a very fickle contraption, and likes to torment me by turning on at random intervals.
To conclude, NaNo was a complete failure by me, although I did get some great ideas down, and will have some solid material to work with during the holidays.
I also just placed a massive order on Vistaprint (who are currently having a Black Friday sale), and I picked up some really awesome Imminent Danger swag, so if you want any of it, make sure to check out my IndieGoGo campaign!
Unrelated media of the day: