After two years of struggling with iUniverse, I have broken away and will be re-publishing my YA sci-fi novel, Imminent Danger And How to Fly Straight into It, with a shiny new cover. As if that’s not exciting enough, I’m also running an IndieGoGo campaign! It will be running from today until December 9th (i.e., 30 days), and if all goes well I’ll be able to start shipping some of the perks out in time for Christmas.
The purpose of the campaign is threefold:
- To raise funds to pay back the costs of the cover design.
- To increase awareness and visibility of my book. (It’s hard to buy a book if you don’t know it exists!)
- To provide awesome Imminent Danger themed swag for all you wonderful people.
The perks you can buy include, but are not limited to:
- A copy of the eBook
- A signed copy of the print book
- Assorted flat swag that can fit into an envelope
- Assorted 3D swag that can fit into a box (including an 8-bit Imminent Danger-themed coaster!)
- A chance to get your name into the Acknowledgements section
- A chance to name a character in a future sequel
Now comes the part where you take action! If you’ve got a few dollars to spare, please hop over to the campaign page, pick your favorite perk, and snatch ‘er up!
And I’m also hoping everyone who sees this post will be able to take a few minutes to share the campaign with friends/family. Re-blog this post, put the link up on Facebook or Twitter, etc. Thank you so much in advance for your help, and stay awesome!
Totally related media:
Here’s my campaign vlog again, in case you missed it yesterday:
An 8-bit coaster? Does it play a suitably beepy song each time you use it?