I went home to celebrate Father’s Day weekend with the family, and when I got back I discovered that I had won two awards! Are daughters allowed to get Father’s Day presents? The answer appears to be yes.
If you don’t want to read about the awards, skip straight to the bottom for the most awesome video ever.
One Lovely Blog Award
Pogomonster nominated me for this award, so many thanks for that! Now to copy and paste the rules…
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
- My dream steed is a giant poodle that can fly.
- I taught English in South Korea for a year.
- I am currently watching the TV show “Legend of Korra”.
- My household is guarded by a jedi teddy bear named DJ Armen.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I had to get gum surgery because my bottom gums were receding. (I’m only 23! Come on, gums, get with the program!)
- I love the Portuguese national soccer team solely because Cristiano Ronaldo plays for them. I am fully aware of how shallow that is.
I can do the contacting once this blog is posted. Phew! Awards are hard work. On to the next one…
The Lucky 7 Meme Award
Tania L Ramos nominated me for this one — thanks so much! Copy and paste time…
- Go to the 7th or 77th page of your Work in progress.
- Go to the 7th line of the page.
- Copy the next 7 sentences or paragraphs. Remember, they must be as they are typed.
- Tag 7 authors.
- Let them know they’re it!
This one requires extra work! Opening word document… 7th page… 7th line… action!
Seriously, the things I have to put up with. “WHAT DO YOU WANT, MOTHER?”“IT’S DINNER TIME!”My computer gleams smugly from its place beside the window. Aggravated by its recent disc-eating episode, I respond somewhat less-than-politely. “I’M NOT HUNGRY!”“YOU’RE NOT WHAT?”“HUNGRY!”“ANGRY?”There’s little point in continuing the conversation, since this is the one instance where mother won’t back down. If she’s making dinner, she won’t leave the stove unattended to come figure out what I’m saying. “I’M COMING,” I respond resignedly.“YOU’RE SLUMMING?”I clench my fists, not in the mood for our hilarious game of miscommunication.“WHY ON EARTH WOULD I BE SLUMMING, MOTHER? WE LIVE IN THE SUBURBS!”“DON’T ASK ME, YOU’RE THE ONE WHO’S SLUMMING!”
That scene is based off my real-life interactions with my mother, who is undoubtedly shaking her head and tsk-ing as she reads this. Search your feelings, Mother, you know it to be true.
Tagging time! Again, we’ll go with 4. Ready? Steady? Go! I have nominated the following bloggers for the Lucky 7 Meme Award:
And now for something completely different…